17.8.10

Words

Words can be the most powerful thing in the word.
Think of all the great works that have been written down on paper.
William Shakespeare, Robert Louis Stevenson, Mary Shelley, Lewis Caroll, to name a few.
The words they wrote have seen century's pass but still we are able to read them.
Words that have been spoke over time stay for ever in our minds.
Martin Luther King Jr's speech comes to mind when I think of words that have been spoken
Powerful words that have touched the hearts of a nation.

I once found a diary hidden in a Chester Draws that I had brought at a yard sale.

The words of a young woman who's heart longed for love.

One of the most touching things I read from this diary said just this

They say sticks and stone will break my bones but words will never hurt me.
 The words you speak to me have broke me over the years.
You have rejected me not with your actions but with your words, you words have wounded me and they have cut me like a knife.
 You have never laid a finger on me but yet I am bruised and battered.
All I long for is to hear the words I Love You.

I took this diary back to the house where I had purchased the chester draws, the lady who had sold it to me answered the door and I explained what I had found.

It was her Grand Mothers Diary, it had been written many years ago when she married her husband.It would seem the husband was a horrid man who not only made his wife's life a misery but also his childrens.

I did tell her I had read most of it out of curiosity, and that the words her Grand Mother had written had an effect on me like never before.

I remember as a child singing the words

Stick and Stones will break my bones but words will never harm me.

 How wrong I was words sometimes do more damage then any sticks or stones could ever do.

♥ Olive





This is a Tuesday Train post.
Photobucket

Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us on the Tuesday Train. I am an avid reader and some of the classics are my favorites. Anyone who enjoys a great read is a hero of mine. I also think I may be your first follower too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right on being my first follower... welcome and thank you for stopping by

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I read every comment and appreciate your time and the fact that you let me know you were here. ♥